What You Need to Know to Create Compelling Ecommerce Content
As an entrepreneur, you have put in countless hours researching and strategizing your eCommerce content. But who would carry out the comprehensive editorial calendar which will help you skyrocket your brand? You need writers to get the it done. There are lot of options when it comes to getting writers and editors, and that also includes hiring freelancers or using content developing agencies. Do you wonder why folks don’t appear to care about your content on the website? You’re targeting attractive keywords and assigning your content with the proper communities.
But what you get is only a few hundred views and rarely some couple of comments. Even if you're in this situation, trust us, you're doing most things right.
However, there's one significant thing that's holding you back. Most likely, your content isn't quite good enough.
Did that sting?
The reason that your content isn't quite at the level it needs to be is not because you can't write a good blog post or are not being able to target the niche. It's probably because your content isn't compelling.
And, there are enough figures to support the big difference between content and compelling content. Unfortunately, at times, the experienced marketers also don't seem to fully grasp the idea of how to create a coerced content.
Content marketing is far from being dead. In fact, compared to last year, 70% of marketers are producing more content. Admittedly, marketers now know that content can be powerful.
But why only a minority of companies see success with content marketing?
Many people use weak grammar when they post content on social platforms. However, when not browsing posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, most of us prefer to read articles and other content that are well-constructed.
What is Compelling Content?
This is forcing marketing professionals to generate content which is distinct to a particular platform. At the same time, it's essential to ensure that your information is consistent and visible across various platforms. Adding relevant hashtags to Twitter is a good way to make the content available. You can also construct a good introduction to an article, add a trackable link on LinkedIn and share it with your community. For Facebook, an image and a short, catchy tagline can do the trick.
A reader's context includes what, why, where, and how. When a customer shops for a car battery from a mobile phone, he may want directions or information about a local auto parts reseller.
The purpose of content marketing is to pass information to your buyers that will help them make a buying decision in their favor.
What Makes it Compelling?
Before getting more into the content that can actually make a difference, here are points to remember to understand about compelling content:
- Resonate – Readers should feel like you’re writing for them. They not only relate to what you write but also how you write.
- Convert – compelling content interests people. It absorbs them in, so they give attention and eventually trust what you write. This leads to more leads, more subscribers, and more sales.
- Matter – it is one of the most important factors to keep in mind while creating compelling content. It must be such that makes readers care about the content that drives them to take action. New content can’t just be used to inform but must also entertain, educate and inspire customers.
Preparing Content that Will Evoke Action
Content strategy for 2019 and beyond can include the following steps:
- Figure out what kind of stories you can package, collect, and share with your audience: There is a trend of storytelling in 2019's content creation. As an eCommerce business owner, try to find out who your customers are and what do they care about? Be it wellness, apparel, adventure, photography – find your audience's interest and engage them in similar stories.
- Make a list of potential partners – Think about who you know and whom do you want to connect with. Create a list of partners you could leverage to reach new audiences and grow the business. Whether the partner will promote your content, or it could just collaborate on the products is your call. Ensure you have a complete idea of who you'd like to partner with and reach out to them.
- Social entrepreneurship – Consumers actively search for brands who work to support causes they care about. Try to find a reason (nonprofit) or CSR and create content that supports your commitment to the cause and spreads the word about the mission.
- Your product pages do the selling – Manage the content on your blog to educate and sustain relationships with your customers and prospects rather than just making it a place to sell. Your website visitors know how to locate the products on your website. So, use the right content to show them that you're actively interested in inspiring and helping them achieve their goals.
Now that you have the necessary action strategy plan, the following points will help you find out how to break down any content to make it compelling:
Pay Attention to Your Headline
Even the most exciting blog or article can slag behind if there is no creative headline. To achieve impressive results, you have to brainstorm ideas that will best describe your content in those 5-15 words. On average, eight out of 10 people reads the headline, but only from these eight people, only two will proceed to read the blog. This means that if you have average readers and an average headline, you’ll typically lose 80% of the potential audience even before starting.
While a lot goes into producing a persuasive headline, there’s one easy concept which you must focus most of your stress on the curiosity gap. You readers should be able to find the answer to something that interests them; and, the space between what they want to know and what you will slowly disclose is called the curiosity gap. For instance, 21 struggles all foodies will understand is something irrespective of you being a connoisseur or not will like to find out.
Don't be One Dimensional
Did you ever enjoy a lecture where a professor just talked for an hour? What harnesses that sleepy feeling is the is a one-sided conversation. On the web, you have the scope to switch on to any other of the million websites if you lose interest in a topic. So, you have to inculcate elements that will keep the read stimulating and also make them read as interactive as possible.
In a compelling content for web, you can break it up with a variety of formatting and rich media ideas. Write small sentences and short paragraphs that are easy to follow and understand. Different font sizes, usage of bold and italicizing to emphasize important parts of your blog demands engagement of the readers. Graphs, charts, mini-infographics, screenshots also make the entire piece appealing. Interactive content is the new idea which involves embedded social media, quizzes, games and surveys.
Be a Storyteller When Required
You can call your content a blog or an article, but how you write the content will determine if it’s compelling or not. When you call it an article, most people will start looking for the objective on a particular topic that states facts. However, when you speak of a blog, you have to write compelling content with a somewhat smooth flow. Always remember that you are informing your customer (existing or new) about the products and services you want them to be aware of. But, they can gather all this information from anywhere across the web. What will hook them to the idea is your storytelling.
Make Your Point Clear
The final part is to create a concise statement of its purpose. All good content has some point, and the reader should easily understand the point of the entire read. You can get your job done right with introductory examples that will help them have a clear idea about the primary level. Thus, the final part of any compelling content is putting the pieces together. Recap the key points of the article to make it easy for the readers to apply to what they understood after all this while.
Creating compelling content is not any mystery. Experts of Anblik Web Development Company can help you create content marketing strategies and give your business a hyperbolic leap towards success!